User Tools

Site Tools


2015-11-25_meeting_notes

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

2015-11-25_meeting_notes [2018/09/20 17:12] (current)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +====== 2015-11-25 - Meeting notes ======
  
 +
 +==== Participants ====
 +
 +  * Laurent CLAUDE (Project Leader)
 +  * Matthieu HAZON (Developer)
 +
 +==== Agenda ====
 +
 +  * Capitole du Libre, Bazar du Libre
 +  * Mail2Voice Next
 +  * FOSDEM
 +
 +
 +==== Minutes ====
 +
 +
 +  * Capitole du Libre, Bazar du Libre
 +    * This event was canceled, but replaced by le "Bazar du Libre" ​
 +    * No Mail2Voice conf was done
 +
 +
 +  * Mail2Voice Next
 +    * Little progress was made with thunderbird addons, but:
 +    * Matthieu raises really good fundamental questions:
 +      * Use Thunderbird with a not documented SDK, or with old APIs is a possibility but is not easy
 +      * Mozilla will it prohibit the functions we will need to implement? Never or... when?
 +      * It seems that Mozilla follow the same politic than Chrome, with less permissions than we need
 +      * Start to work on a addon for Thunderbird now seems to be risked at long term
 +      * What about the packaging for a ready-to-go solution for our users? This seems difficult...
 +      * What about future migrations if we want to move from Thunderbird ? This seems difficult...
 +      * Is there other solutions than Thunderbird?​
 +      * Is there a usable backend in Thunderbird?​
 +      * If yes, why use this backend instead another?
 +      * What are other solutions, if exists?
 +      * Why don't restart M2V with new lib, or a framework? Qt and C++ could be a solution.
 +    * So we decided to take the time with this fundamental questions
 +      * Nothing'​s urgent, important is durability of the solution
 +      * We need to study the environment,​ all tracks
 + 
 +
 +  * FOSDEM (nothing new)
 +    * Matthieu will propose a lightning talk, deadline for proposal: 2015-11-27
 +    * Matthieu will work on the submission tonight, Laurent will make returns tomorrow
 +
 +
 +==== Next Meeting ====
 +
 +  * 2015-12-09: ​
 +    * Mail2Voice Next: fundamental questions
2015-11-25_meeting_notes.txt ยท Last modified: 2018/09/20 17:12 (external edit)